BNP Paribas SA (BNPP.PA)
Wed, Feb 7 2018
* BNP PARBAS SECURITIES SERVICES SIGNS AGREEMENT TO BUY BANCO BPM'S CUSTODIAN BANKING ACTIVITIES
* SAYS THAT AS AT JAN. 1 ITS CONSOLIDATED CAPITAL ADEQUACY RATIO TIER I (CET I) OF 10.71% AND NON-CONSOLIDATED TIER I (CET I) OF 10.84%, AS WELL AS NON-CONSOLIDATED TCR RATIO OF 13.62% WERE ABOVE NEW REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR 2018
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - Europe’s recovering economy can help BNP Paribas clear a low return bar. Aiming for a return on equity of 10 percent – roughly in line with the French bank’s cost of capital – over the next two years might suggest a lack of ambition. Crucially, however, the target also looks achievable at a time when many rivals appear unable to escape from single-digit returns.
PARIS BNP Paribas reported quarterly net profit that fell short of market forecasts on Tuesday, causing shares in France's biggest bank to slump as part of a broader market sell-off.
* Dividend up 11.9 pct to 3.02 euros (Adds share price fall and trader comment)
PARIS, Feb 6 BNP Paribas slightly increased its 2020 profitability target on the back of a strengthening European economy, although its quarterly earnings came below expectations due to higher costs and provisions against two specific corporate clients.
NEW YORK, Jan 26 A unit of BNP Paribas SA agreed to plead guilty and pay a $90 million criminal fine for rigging foreign currency prices, the U.S. Department of Justice said on Friday.
PARIS, Jan 26 France's biggest bank BNP Paribas has appointed Vittorio Ogliengo, a former banker at Unicredit, as deputy general manager of its Italian business BNL and executive chairman of corporate and institutional banking (CIB) in Italy.
PARIS, Jan 26 France's biggest bank BNP Paribas has appointed Vittorio Ogliengo, a former banker at Unicredit, as deputy general manager of its Italian business BNL in charge of corporate and institutional banking (CIB) in the country.
* SAYS ISSUED UNSECURED COMMERCIAL PAPERS TO BNP PARIBAS; AMOUNT RAISED IS 1.03 BILLION RUPEES
- Google, JPMorgan Set for Growth in 2016 Amid Flat Markets
- 27 Too-Big-To-Fail Banks Face Capital Gap of Up to $870 Billion
- European Indices Rise; BNP Paribas Shares Move Higher on Relief Rally
- BNP Paribas Prepared to Pay for Iran Dealings
- California Banks Stop Bleeding Profits
- U.S. Bank Regulators Set Up Greek Tragedy