Hugo Boss AG (BOSSn.DE)
Thu, Mar 8 2018
* Shares down 4.4 percent (Adds comments from news conference)
* HUGO BOSS CEO SAYS EXPECTS IMPROVEMENT IN OPERATING PROFIT IN 2019
BERLIN, March 8 German fashion house Hugo Boss said it expected sales growth to accelerate in 2018 and net income to rise as a brand overhaul to appeal to younger consumers and efforts to improve its ecommerce offering gained traction.
* SAYS SUPERVISORY BOARD AGREED TO EXTEND THE TENURE OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND CHAIRMAN OF THE MANAGING BOARD MARK LANGER
LONDON, Jan 16 European shares rose on Tuesday after corporate trading updates lifted sentiment, with shares in German fashion house Hugo Boss gaining on better-than-expected sales in the last quarter of 2017.
* 2017 EBITDA seen in line with forecast (Adds details, shares)
FRANKFURT, Jan 16 German fashion house Hugo Boss reported a 5-percent increase in currency-adjusted sales in the fourth-quarter, highlighting a rebound in growth at its own stores as well as in the United States.
FRANKFURT German fashion brand Hugo Boss will end its motorsport tie-up with Formula One from next year to move into Formula E, Chief Executive Mark Langer told German weekly Focus.
* Says there will be a negative impact on H1 2018 if exchange rates stay at current levels Further company coverage:
* Shares gain 6 percent (Adds CEO comments on investments, new store concept)
- The Quants Are Here: A Look At Alternative Strategies For 2018
- ETF Deathwatch For August 2017
- PVH Corp.: Few U.S. Apparel Companies Can Deliver This Organic Growth
- BOSS: Speculative Risk With The Huge Advantage Of Diversification
- European Stocks Fall; Rocket Burns Out Fuse After Top-of-Range Pricing
- Markets Recover a Little, but Portugal Forced to Rescue Banco Espirito Santo