Caixabank SA (CABK.MC)
22 Nov 2017
Tue, Oct 24 2017
MADRID Caixabank's move of its legal headquarters out of Catalonia is permanent, its CEO said on Tuesday, adding that the ongoing crisis between Spain and the north-eastern region had prompted some deposit outflows.
* Q3 net profit rises 49 pct, beats forecasts (Adds more comments from CEO on potential legal complications)
MADRID, Oct 24 Barcelona-based Caixabank , Spain's third largest lender, beat third-quarter profit forecasts despite uncertainty about the future of Catalonia, thanks largely to its integration of Portugal's BPI .
MADRID, Oct 24 Spain's Caixabank posted on Tuesday a 53.4 percent rise in nine-month net profit to 1.49 billion euros ($1.75 billion), ahead of analysts' forecasts and thanks to the incorporation of Portugal's BPI .
* COMMON EQUITY TIER 1 RATIO FULLY LOADED 11.7 PERCENT AT END-SEPT
* BOARD APPROVES 2017 INTERIM DIVIDEND OF 0.07 EURO GROSS PER SHARE TO BE PAID ON NOV. 2 Source text for Eikon:
MADRID, Oct 5 The board of Spanish lender Caixabank will meet on Friday to study a possible transfer of its legal base away from Catalonia because of political uncertainty in the region, a source familiar with the situation said.
MADRID, Oct 4 Spain's Caixabank, in internal memo to employees late on Tuesday, said that Catalonia's largest bank's only objective is to "protect clients', shareholders' and employees' interests".
* SAYS SIGNS AGREEMENT WITH ALIBABA TO ALLOW USERS OF ALIPAY PAYMENT SYSTEM TO MAKE PURCHASES IN SPANISH ESTABLISHMENTS
* Both banks report higher NII, bucking trend (Adds Sabadell results, Caixabank details)