Cineworld Group PLC (CINE.L)
19 Feb 2018
Fri, Feb 2 2018
* ANSCHUTZ CORP, LARGEST SHAREHOLDER OF REGAL ENTERTAINMENT DELIVERED ITS WRITTEN CONSENT TO APPROVE ACQUISITION OF REGAL BY CO
* 87.34 PERCENT VOTES CAST AT GENERAL MEETING TO APPROVE THE ACQUISITION OF REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
LONDON, Jan 17 A US$4.3bn-equivalent leveraged loan financing backing Britain's Cineworld Group’s acquisition of US peer Regal Entertainment Group has launched for syndication, banking sources said.
Jan 17 British cinema operator Cineworld Group , which is buying U.S. peer Regal Entertainment for $3.6 billion, said total 2017 revenue grew 11.6 percent on strong box office takings for titles such as "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" and "Dunkirk".
* FOR YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2017 - REVENUE GROWTH OF 11.6 PCT ACHIEVED
* FULLY UNDERWRITTEN RIGHTS ISSUE RAISING PROCEEDS OF £1.7 BILLION IN CONNECTION WITH PROPOSED ACQUISITION OF REGAL ENTERTAINMENT
Britain's Cineworld Group Plc sealed an agreement to buy larger U.S. peer Regal Entertainment Group on Tuesday for $3.6 billion in cash, a deal that would create the world's second largest movie theater operator. | Video
Britain's Cineworld Group Plc sealed an agreement to buy larger U.S. peer Regal Entertainment Group on Tuesday for $3.6 billion in cash, a deal that would create the world's second largest movie theatre operator. | Video
* SAYS IF CINEWORLD DEAL TERMINATED UNDER SOME CIRCUMSTANCES SPECIFIED IN AGREEMENT, CO TO HAVE TO PAY CINEWORLD GROUP FEE OF $95.2 MILLION
* Deal puts combined company in better position to take on AMC