Canara Bank Ltd (CNBK.NS)
Sat, May 12 2018
BENGALURU/MUMBAI Four Indian state banks reported on Friday a combined net loss of 117.29 billion rupees ($1.74 billion) for the fiscal fourth quarter due to a jump in bad-loan provisions following a tightening of the Reserve Bank of India rules.
May 11 India's Canara Bank Ltd on Friday posted a huge loss for the fourth quarter, hurt by higher provisions for bad loans.
* MARCH QUARTER NET LOSS 48.60 BILLION RUPEES VERSUS PROFIT OF 2.14 BILLION RUPEES YEAR AGO
* CLARIFIES ON NEWS ITEM ON ED ATTACHING 380.7 MILLION RUPEES IN BANK FRAUD CASE AGAINST ABHIJEET GROUP
* POST CAPITAL INFUSION BY INDIA GOVERNMENT, NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE SHAREHOLDER DIRECTORS ON CO'S BOARD WILL GET REDUCED TO 2 FROM LEVEL OF 3 Source text - http://bit.ly/2GXXBj4 Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Canara Bank Seeks Shareholders' Nod To Issue Shares Worth Up To 48.65 Bln Rupees To Govt Of India
* SEEKS SHAREHOLDERS' NOD TO ISSUE ABOUT 136 MILLION SHARES WORTH UP TO 48.65 BILLION RUPEES ON PREFERENTIAL BASIS TO GOVERNMENT OF INDIA Source text - http://bit.ly/2E8q5tC Further company coverage:
* SAYS TO CONSIDER CAPITAL INFUSION BY GOVERNMENT OF INDIA TO EXTENT OF 48.65 BILLION RUPEES AND PSB REFORMS AGENDA OF GOVERNMENT OF INDIA Source text - http://bit.ly/2GwUVK7 Further company coverage:
* SAYS IN QUARTER, NIM WAS 2.64 PERCENT (DOMESTIC) AND 2.39 PERCENT (GLOBAL) Source text - http://bit.ly/2rvIoTy Further company coverage:
Canara Bank Ltd said on Wednesday its third-quarter net profit plunged 61 percent, missing analysts' estimates, pulled down by higher provisions for bad loans.
Jan 24 Canara Bank Ltd said on Wednesday its third-quarter net profit plunged 61 percent, missing analysts' estimates, pulled down by higher provisions for bad loans.