Dollar General Corp (DG.N)
23 Feb 2018
Tue, Feb 13 2018
* DOLLAR GENERAL APPOINTS TWO NEW MEMBERS TO ITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
* DOLLAR GENERAL ANNOUNCES PLANS TO BUILD NEW DISTRIBUTION CENTER AND CREATE APPROXIMATELY 400 NEW JOBS IN LONGVIEW, TEXAS
BRIEF-Dollar General- Anticipate 75% Of U.S. Population Will Be Within 5 Miles Of A Dollar General By FY2017 End
* ON CONF CALL - OUR STORES HAVE AN AVERAGE BASKET OF ABOUT 5 ITEMS AND AN AVERAGE TICKET OF ABOUT $12
Dec 7 Dollar General Corp on Thursday reported better-than-expected same-store sales and profit for the third quarter, as hurricanes led to more traffic and higher spending at its stores.
* Q3 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $0.94 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
Dec 7 Dollar General Corp reported better-than-expected comparable sales for the third quarter, as hurricanes resulted in increased traffic and higher spending at its stores.
BRIEF-Appaloosa LP cuts share stake in BofA, dissolves share stake in Wells Fargo and Activision Blizzard
* Appaloosa LP dissolves share stake in Activision Blizzard Inc - SEC filing
BRIEF-Dollar General CEO - "We're well priced today and I don't see us having to do anything that is very dramatic"
* CEO -"believe the much reported demise of retail is an inaccurate narrative. Retail is just changing and we believe we are very well positioned"
* Shares fall 5 pct (Adds details from conference call, updates share price)
* Dollar General says currently there is uncertainty as to the magnitude of the losses associated with Hurricane Harvey - SEC filing
- Tracking Wallace Weitz's Weitz Investment Management Portfolio - Q4 2017 Update
- Tracking David Tepper's Appaloosa Management Portfolio - Q4 2017 Update
- Dollar Stores May Be Hurt By The Trump Budget Proposal
- REITs: The Foundation Has Developed Some Cracks
- Dollar General: The Allure Remains
- DivGro Pulse: January 2018