Elekta AB (publ) (EKTAb.ST)
Fri, Mar 2 2018
March 2 Swedish radiation therapy equipment maker Elekta on Friday reported above-forecast earnings and order intake for its fiscal third quarter, sending shares higher and outweighing a cut margin forecast for the full year.
* Q3 GROSS ORDER INTAKE AMOUNTED TO SEK 3,833 M (3,653), AN INCREASE OF 9 PERCENT BASED ON CONSTANT EXCHANGE RATES AND 5 PERCENT IN SEK
* BOLIVIAN GOVERNMENT INVESTS IN STATE-OF-THE-ART CANCER CARE FROM ELEKTA
* ELEKTA'S LEKSELL GAMMA KNIFE ICON RADIOSURGERY SYSTEM CLEARED FOR USE IN CHINA Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Stockholm Newsroom)
* THE OTTAWA HOSPITAL ACQUIRES SEVERAL ELEKTA VERSA HD DEVICES FOR ADVANCED CANCER TREATMENT
* ELEKTA AND STOCKHOLM COUNTY COUNCIL AGREE ON CONSTRUCTIVE WAY FORWARD
STOCKHOLM, Nov 30 Sweden's Elekta pushed back its order target for a new radiation therapy machine which is meant to drive its future sales growth on Thursday as it reported higher quarterly core earnings than expected.
Nov 30 Elekta AB CEO Richard Hausmann and CFo Gustaf Salford in a conference call with analysts and media:
STOCKHOLM, Nov 30 Swedish radiotherapy gear maker Elekta on Thursday pushed back its target for order bookings of its new flagship radiation therapy machine Unity as it posted higher quarterly core earnings, but lower order intake, than expected.
* SAYS OUR TARGETS FOR YEAR ARE CLEAR - WE WILL DELIVER PROFITABLE GROWTH AND REACH AN EBITA MARGIN EXCEEDING 20 PERCENT THROUGH GROWTH AND OUR WORK WITH CONTINUOUS OPERATIONAL IMPROVEMENTS