Gold Fields Ltd (GFIJ.J)
Thu, Mar 29 2018
* Bullion miner to fund transaction through cash and debt (Adds CEO quote, analyst comment on debt levels)
JOHANNESBURG, March 29 South Africa's Gold Fields said it will buy a 50 percent stake in Asanko Gold Inc's Ghana subsidiary and take a stake in the Canadian miner in a $202.6 million deal.
* ENTERED INTO A DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT WITH ASANKO GOLD TO FORM A 50:50 INCORPORATED JOINT VENTURE
* ASANKO GOLD TO RECEIVE US$185 MILLION FROM GOLD FIELDS FOR 50% JOINT VENTURE INTEREST AND US$17.6 MILLION FOR 9.9% PRIVATE PLACEMENT IN ASANKO GOLD
* Improving efficiency at South Deep a priority (Recasts with South Deep loss)
* GRUYERE GOLD PROJECT IS A 50:50 JOINT VENTURE BETWEEN GOLD ROAD RESOURCES LIMITED AND GOLD FIELDS LIMITED
* GOLD FIELDS ACQUIRES ADDITIONAL SHARES OF CARDINAL RESOURCES IN PROSPECTUS OFFERING
- Gold Mining Bull: Top News And Month In Review
- GDXJ: The Market's Best Risk Play?
- Gold Fields Limited 2017 Q4 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Bitcoin Could Crash Another 50%, Or More, But Gold And Gold Stocks To Advance
- From Laggards To Outperformers: A Look At The S&P Index Composition
- Gold Fields Funding Internally On Heavy Growth Capex