Gold Fields Ltd (GFIJ.J)
13 Jul 2018
Wed, May 30 2018
LIMA, May 30 South Africa's Gold Fields is setting aside pursuit of new acquisitions for a year as it focuses on its existing operations and nearby prospects instead, the bullion producer's chief executive told Reuters late on Tuesday.
* Bullion miner to fund transaction through cash and debt (Adds CEO quote, analyst comment on debt levels)
JOHANNESBURG, March 29 South Africa's Gold Fields said it will buy a 50 percent stake in Asanko Gold Inc's Ghana subsidiary and take a stake in the Canadian miner in a $202.6 million deal.
* ENTERED INTO A DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT WITH ASANKO GOLD TO FORM A 50:50 INCORPORATED JOINT VENTURE
* ASANKO GOLD TO RECEIVE US$185 MILLION FROM GOLD FIELDS FOR 50% JOINT VENTURE INTEREST AND US$17.6 MILLION FOR 9.9% PRIVATE PLACEMENT IN ASANKO GOLD
* Improving efficiency at South Deep a priority (Recasts with South Deep loss)
- Gold Fields: A Buying Opportunity With $6/Share Upside Potential
- Gold Fields Will Play Smart In 2019 And Beyond
- Resource Sector Digest: Sandstorm Gold And The Beauty Of Depletion
- Gold Mining Bull: Top News And Month In Review
- GDXJ: The Market's Best Risk Play?
- Gold Fields Limited 2017 Q4 - Results - Earnings Call Slides