Glencore PLC (GLNJ.J)
22 Feb 2018
Thu, Feb 22 2018
LONDON, Feb 21 Glencore and four bank lenders have reached a deal with Chad on the restructuring of an oil-backed loan of more than $1 billion after months of often-fraught negotiations, the two parties said on Wednesday.
* AA plunges after saying it will pay lower dividends (Adds closing prices, recasts as FTSE reverses losses)
LONDON/BENGALURU Glencore Chief Executive Ivan Glasenberg hailed the group's results as its "strongest on record" on Wednesday, bolstered by a recovery on commodity markets and said it had the assets to meet future demand including from electric vehicles. | Video
LONDON, Feb 21 Glencore and four bank lenders have reached a deal with Chad on the restructuring of an over $1 billion oil-backed loan, sources familiar with the matter said.
* Glasenberg says trying to negotiate in Congo (Adds quotes, detail, analyst comment)
* As part of the partnership with Qatar Investment Authority... and in relation to the joint venture's (QHG) ownership of Rosneft shares, Glencore provided a margin guarantee up to 1.4 billion euro;
* FY ADJUSTED EBITDA $14,762 MILLION VERSUS $10,268 MILLION AS REPORTED YEAR-AGO
LONDON, Feb 21 Glencore on Wednesday announced full-year overall adjusted profit of $14.76 billion, in line with expectations, and said its full-year marketing adjusted EBIT was $3 billion, above the range it flagged at the end of last year.
* European shares seen opening lower -spreadbetters * Wall St snaps winning streak; Asia gains Feb 21 Welcome to the home for real time coverage of European equity markets brought to you by Reuters stocks reporters and anchored today by Kit Rees. Reach her on Messenger to share your thoughts on market moves: email@example.com EUROPEAN EARNINGS: LLOYDS, GLENCORE, UK HOUSEBUILDERS IN FOCUS (0643 GMT) As we said earlier, it's going to be a
LONDON, Feb 20 Congo Republic is set to become the latest African country to start debt relief talks with trading houses after borrowing $2 billion from merchants such as Trafigura and Glencore but now finding its debt levels unsustainable, sources familiar with the matter said.