General Motors Co (GM.N)
20 Feb 2018
Mon, Feb 19 2018
SEOUL South Korean President Moon Jae-in said on Monday General Motors Co's (GM) decision to shut down a factory south of Seoul will hurt that region, and called upon his administration to take measures to boost economic activity there.
SEOUL Only weeks into a new job heading General Motors Co's international operations, Barry Engle flew into a frigid South Korea in January and held a series of meetings with government officials to discuss the future of GM's loss-making local unit. | Video
* APPALOOSA LP DISSOLVES SHARE STAKE IN GENERAL MOTORS CO - SEC FILING
* GM plans to shut one plant by May, will decide on 3 more soon
SEOUL, Feb 14 General Motors' South Korean unit is offering workers three times their annual base salary, money for college tuition and more than $9,000 towards a new car as part of a voluntary redundancy plan at the troubled automaker.
SEOUL, Feb 14 Workers at a General Motors (GM) plant in South Korea that the U.S. automaker plans to close staged a protest on Wednesday, saying the decision was a "death sentence" that had not been discussed with unions.
DETROIT/SEOUL U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday used a decision by General Motors Co to close one of its four plants in South Korea to launch fresh criticism of the U.S.-South Korea trade agreement.
* GM KOREA COMPANY (GM KOREA) ANNOUNCED THAT IT WILL CEASE PRODUCTION AND CLOSE ITS GUNSAN PLANT BY END OF MAY 2018
DETROIT, Feb 12 General Motors Co will close one of four vehicle assembly plants in South Korea, and will decide the future of the remaining operations within weeks, based on the outcome of talks with the government and labor unions, GM President Dan Ammann told Reuters on Monday.
LOUISVILLE Ford Motor Co said on Monday it will boost production targets for two large sport utility vehicles by 25 percent this year to challenge rival General Motors Co's hegemony in a highly profitable U.S. market segment and boost its own anemic profit margins.
- 'Safer' Dividends Found From Fredrik Follower Favorite & Rogue Top Gainers Pattern, And Vedanta For February
- Wall Street Breakfast: Albertsons Scoops Up Rest Of Rite Aid
- Tesla Bears: The Boys Who Cried Wolf
- Ford: I Was Misinformed
- Tracking George Soros's Portfolio - Q4 2017 Update
- Ford: Is It Worth Staying Long For The Dividend?