Greene King PLC (GNK.L)
19 Jan 2018
Thu, Nov 30 2017
Nov 30 Greene King became the latest British pub operator to flag weakness in consumer spending and higher costs of serving food and drinks, as it reported an 8 percent drop in first-half profit.
Nov 30 British pub operator Greene King said on Thursday higher costs pushed its first-half profit down 8 percent.
* Shares fall as much as 15 percent to five year low (Adds details, shares, analyst quote)
Sept 8 Pub operator Greene King expects weaker consumer confidence to persist in the near term, it said as it reported a dip in sales at its pubs.
Aug 11 Britain's Restaurant Group, operator of Frankie & Benny's and other chains, and pubs group Greene King appointed new chief financial officers on Friday.
Aug 11 Frankie & Benny's chain owner Restaurant Group named Kirk Davis as chief financial officer on Friday, scooping him from pub firm Greene King, where he oversaw the company's Spirit Pub Company acquisition.
* Richard Smothers will be joining Greene King in December 2017, and joining board as chief financial officer in February 2018
- 5 Shipping Trends We Might See In 2018
- As Dry Bulk Recovers Here's What To Watch In 2018
- Our Top Idea Of 2018: 80% Upside To Baseline Case
- A Generalist's Guide To Shipping Investments - Dry Bulk, Part II
- A Generalist's Guide To Shipping Investments, Part I
- Does China's Debt Management Poise A Risk To Shipping?