ITV PLC (ITV.L)
17 Jan 2018
LONDON, July 26 Strong updates from ITV and Compass Group helped Britain's top share index inch up on Wednesday, underpinned also by gains among defensive stocks.
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - A takeover of ITV seems an increasingly plausible plot twist. Shares in the UK broadcaster, which recently named budget airline easyJet’s Carolyn McCall as its next chief executive, have fallen about 15 percent in three months. Yet the company doesn’t look any less valuable, especially to a bidder prepared to brave a slowdown in the troubled free-to-air TV advertising market.
LONDON, July 26 Strong updates from ITV and Compass Group helped Britain's top share index advance on Wednesday, underpinned also by gains among defensive stocks and mining shares.
* New boss McCall to arrive in January (Adds shares, reaction)
LONDON, July 26 Commercial broadcaster ITV said the pressures weighing on its advertising income should ease in the third quarter after it reported first-half results buoyed by its production and online businesses.
- Russian Sanctions Hurt European Indices; Bid Hopes Propel U.K.’s ITV
- Should I Buy These Shares?
- 3 Shares That Thrashed the FTSE 100
- 3 FTSE 100 Shares Hitting New Highs
- Why Lloyds Banking Group, ITV, and IQE Should Lag the FTSE 100 Today
- Lessons for Vodafone Group From BT Group and British Sky Broadcasting Group