Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LLOY.L)
Fri, Aug 3 2018
LONDON, Aug 2 Lloyds Banking Group said on Thursday it will not fund new coal-fired power stations or thermal coal mines, or bank new clients that derive most of their revenue from either of these operations.
* Bank takes $602 million charge for insurance mis-selling (Adds analyst, CFO comment, share reaction, more detail)
LONDON, Aug 1 Lloyds Banking Group said on Wednesday its pre-tax profit for the first half of 2018 jumped by 23 percent to 3.1 billion pounds ($4.06 billion), broadly in line with expectations despite another hefty provision for insurance mis-selling.
LONDON, July 31 (IFR) - Chris Green, a financial institutions debt capital markets origination banker at Lloyds Banking Group, is moving to the UK bank's syndicate desk, according to sources.
LONDON A group of British lawmakers on Monday wrote to the financial watchdog and the board of Lloyds Banking Group accusing the bank of "victim blaming" and "unfairness" in its redress scheme for victims of a fraud at its HBOS Reading division.
* Calls on FCA to clarify how it could rectify problems (Adds detail, context, Lloyds statement)
LONDON, July 30 A group of British lawmakers on Monday wrote to the financial watchdog and the board of Lloyds Banking Group, listing their concerns about the lender's compensation scheme for victims of a major fraud at its HBOS Reading division.
* Sabadell shares fall more than 5 percent (Adds Sabadell CFO comments, details)
LONDON Lloyds Banking Group plans to operate three subsidiaries in continental Europe after Britain leaves the EU, according to a source familiar with the matter, in a sign of how Brexit is fragmenting a banking industry long concentrated in London.
- European Stocks Rise Amid Mixed Earnings as Fed Prepares for Two-Day Meeting
- Twenty-Five European Banks Fail Stress Test, But Half Have Already Raised New Capital
- European Indices Rise as Scottish Independence Skeptics Win Poll; SAP deal falls flat
- Scotland's Upcoming Referendum on Leaving the United Kingdom Unsettles the Markets
- Eurozone Economies Stagnate, but Markets Shrug Off the Gloom
- Markets Recover a Little, but Portugal Forced to Rescue Banco Espirito Santo