Southwest Airlines Co (LUV.N)
20 Apr 2018
WASHINGTON, April 20 U.S. and European regulators on Friday will announce they are requiring emergency inspections within the next 20 days of fan blades of nearly 700 CFM56-7B engines worldwide after the crash this week of a Southwest Airlines jet that killed one person, two sources said.
WASHINGTON Southwest Airlines Co confirmed Friday it has sent $5,000 checks to passengers aboard a flight that made an emergency landing this week after an engine failed, killing a passenger.
WASHINGTON, April 20 Southwest Airlines Co confirmed Friday it has sent $5,000 checks to passengers aboard a flight that made an emergency landing this week after an engine failed, killing a passenger.
WASHINGTON, April 18 The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said on Wednesday it would order inspection of some 220 jet engines after investigators said a broken fan blade touched off the explosion on a Southwest Airlines flight, shattering a window and killing a passenger.
NEW YORK, April 18 CFM International, the company that supplied the engine that exploded on a Southwest Airlines flight on Tuesday, said on Wednesday it is sending about 40 General Electric and Safran technicians to assist the airline in its ongoing engine inspections.
BRIEF-Southwest Airlines Flight 577 Departing Nashville To Phoenix Experienced Bird Strike Shortly After Takeoff
* SOUTHWEST AIRLINES - SOUTHWEST AIRLINES FLIGHT 577 DEPARTING NASHVILLE TO PHOENIX EXPERIENCED BIRD STRIKE SHORTLY AFTER TAKEOFF
BRIEF-Southwest Airlines Says It Is Accelerating Its Existing Engine Inspection Program Relating To CFM56 Engine Family
* SOUTHWEST AIRLINES HAS ANNOUNCED THAT IT IS ACCELERATING ITS EXISTING ENGINE INSPECTION PROGRAM RELATING TO THE CFM56 ENGINE FAMILY
NEW YORK, April 17 Southwest Airlines said the aircraft involved in Tuesday's fatal engine explosion was inspected on Sunday and the airline had not been aware of any previous issues with the jet or its engine.
* BOEING SAYS IS AWARE OF AN INCIDENT WITH SOUTHWEST AIRLINE FLIGHT NUMBER 1380 Further company coverage:
- Wall Street Breakfast, April 20th: Tough Trade Talk With China And Canada, Russia Retaliation
- Wall Street Breakfast: Spring Meetings For IMF, World Bank
- Flattening Yield Curve, Trade Tensions, Kinder Morgan (Wall Street Breakfast Podcast)
- Wall Street Breakfast: Rally In Commodities Helps Push Stocks Higher
- Dividend Challengers (And Near-Challengers): 53 Increases By June 30
- Tesla Looking For The Ramp Up, Theresa May Looking For The Exit Ramp (Wall Street Breakfast Podcast)