Mattel Inc (MAT.OQ)
17 Aug 2018
Thu, Jul 26 2018
* Shares down 9 percent after market (Adds details from CEO interview; Updates share price)
July 25 Mattel Inc's quarterly sales missed Wall Street estimates on Wednesday, weighed down by the liquidation of key customer Toys 'R' Us and the absence of a big movie tie-in in the quarter.
* MATTEL INC - BOARD HAS APPROVED REDUCING AUTHORIZED NUMBER OF DIRECTORS FROM NINE TO SEVEN EFFECTIVE AS OF THE 2018 ANNUAL MEETING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2JY1M03) Further company coverage:
* ON MAY 3, TREVOR EDWARDS NOTIFIED CO OF DECISION TO NOT STAND FOR RE-ELECTION AS A DIRECTOR AT 2018 ANNUAL MEETING OF STOCKHOLDERS Source text for Eikon: (http://bit.ly/2KFWmYy) Further company coverage:
Toymaker Mattel Inc showed signs of recovering from the aftermath of its top customer, Toys 'R' Us, going out of business as robust demand for Barbie and Hot Wheels toys lifted its first-quarter sales above Wall Street expectations.
April 26 Toymaker Mattel Inc showed signs of recovering from the aftermath of its top customer, Toys 'R' Us, going out of business as robust demand for Barbie and Hot Wheels toys lifted its first-quarter sales above Wall Street expectations.
* MATTEL INC - Q1 LOSS PER SHARE $0.90; Q1 ADJUSTED LOSS PER SHARE $0.60
April 26 Mattel Inc reported first-quarter sales on Thursday that were ahead of Wall Street's lowered expectations as the toymaker sold more Barbie and Hot Wheels toys, despite losing its top customer Toy 'R' Us.
* MATTEL INC - EFFECTIVE AS OF APRIL 26, SIZE OF THE BOARD WILL BE DECREASED FROM ELEVEN TO TEN MEMBERS - SEC FILING
MEXICO CITY A Mexican judge has blocked a company associated with U.S. toymaker Mattel Inc from commercializing the image of artist Frida Kahlo, her family says, as it seeks to halt sales of a Barbie doll styled after the influential artist.
- Currency Jitters Ease (Wall Street Breakfast Podcast)
- Wall Street Breakfast: Currency Jitters Ease
- Colombia - Major Current Problems And Very High Future Potential For Toy Manufacturers
- Mattel: Outlook Still Cloudy But Likely Priced In
- Hasbro: Further Upside Possible
- Mattel Selloff Overdone - Turnaround Still Happening