Mediclinic International PLC (MDCM.L)
23 Feb 2018
Mon, Nov 27 2017
* ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF CAREL ARON VAN DER MERWE, CURRENTLY GROUP CHIEF CLINICAL OFFICER, AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER DESIGNATE
Expectations that Mediclinic International Plc would succeed in taking over Britain's Spire Healthcare Group fell on Thursday after South Africa's largest private hospital group said no deal had been reached.
* Mediclinic shares down 6.5 pct, Spire down 7 pct (Adds details, background, shares, analysts' comments)
* ALTHOUGH DISCUSSIONS HAVE CONTINUED, NO AGREEMENT HAS YET BEEN REACHED ON ANY OF KEY TERMS OF AN OFFER Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Nov 16 Mediclinic International Plc , South Africa's largest private hospital group, reported a 12 percent drop in underlying earnings per share in the first half of the year, hurt by weakness in its Middle East and Switzerland businesses.
Britain's Spire Healthcare has rejected a full takeover offer from South African private hospitals operator Mediclinic International , which already owns nearly 30 percent of its stock, sending its shares up 12 percent.
* Mediclinic has to Nov. 20 to either make firm offer or walk away (Adds share movement, context, analyst comments)
* MEDICLINIC INTERNATIONAL PLC - ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SPIRE HEALTHCARE GROUP PLC
Oct 23 Spire Healthcare has rejected an approach by South African private hospitals operator Mediclinic International on a deal to take full control of Britain's second-largest healthcare company.
* SPIRE HEALTHCARE - RECEIVED PRELIMINARY AND CONDITIONAL PROPOSAL FROM MEDICLINIC INTERNATIONAL PLC
- MDC Holdings' (MDC) CEO Larry Mizel on Q4 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Stocks That May Trump A Fed Tightening
- Lowe's Goes To A High: Why It Still Has Upside Potential
- Homebuilders: Go Big Or Go Home
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC) Presents At Citi 2017 Basic Materials Conference - Slideshow
- MDC Wins Homebuilding's Triple Crown - Dividend, Balance-Sheet And Growth