MetLife Inc (MET.N)
21 Feb 2018
Wed, Feb 21 2018
* METLIFE INC - GERALD L. HASSELL NAMED TO BOARD WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT
* CEO SAYS COMPANY IS "TAKING ACTION TO HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE" FOR MISSING PENSION PAYMENT ISSUES - CALL
Feb 13 U.S. insurer MetLife Inc on Tuesday said internal failures that resulted in its not making payments to thousands of pensioners stretched back a quarter of a century and it would take a major effort this year to fix the problems.
CORRECTED-(OFFICIAL)-BRIEF-Metlife Says Management Identified Material Weakness Related To Group Annuity Reserves (Feb. 13)
(Corrects 3rd bullet to say Metlife expects corporate & other adj. loss of $650-$850 mln after-tax in 2018 (not $700 mln-$900 mln) Metlife Inc:
BRIEF-Metropolitan Life Insurance Co Says Has Material Weakness In Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting Due To Those Described By Parent, Metlife
* METROPOLITAN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY SAYS HAS MATERIAL WEAKNESS IN INTERNAL CONTROLS OVER FINANCIAL REPORTING DUE TO THOSE DESCRIBED BY PARENT, METLIFE
* METLIFE INC SAYS ADMINISTRATIVE PRACTICES ARE NOT SUFFICIENT TO ALLOW FOR GROUP ANNUITY RESERVES TO BE RELEASED
* METLIFE INC - QTRLY EARNINGS PER SHARE $1.97; QTRLY ADJUSTED EARNINGS PER SHARE $0.64; QTRLY TOTAL REVENUE $15.75 BILLION VERSUS $12.63 BILLION
Feb 13 Metlife Inc's adjusted quarterly profit fell 36 percent due to changes in the U.S. tax law and a reserve charge after failing to pay some workers' pensions.
* METLIFE INC - ESTABLISHING A COMPANY MINIMUM WAGE OF $15 AN HOUR
HOUSTON, Feb 1 Exxon Mobil Corp, the world's largest publicly-traded oil producer, named MetLife Inc Chief Executive Steven Kandarian to its board of directors on Thursday.
- Tracking David Einhorn's Portfolio - Q4 2017 Update
- Wall Street Breakfast: Stocks Unfazed By U.S. Inflation
- MetLife (MET) Q4 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- MetLife, Inc. 2017 Q4 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Wall Street Breakfast: Inflation Data Under The Microscope
- Victory Formation Long/Short Portfolio Update - February 2018