Manulife Financial Corp (MFC.TO)
Mon, Feb 12 2018
* MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION ANNOUNCES PREFERRED SHARE ISSUE
* Core earnings C$1.2 billion vs C$1.3 billion (Adds details on reported earnings, background on Asian business)
TORONTO, Feb 7 Canada's biggest insurer Manulife Financial Corp on Wednesday reported a decline in fourth-quarter earnings, reflecting lower insurance sales and slower growth at its wealth and asset management business.
* MANULIFE REPORTS 2017 NET INCOME OF $2.1 BILLION, CORE EARNINGS OF $4.6 BILLION, STRONG GROWTH IN ASIA AND WEALTH AND ASSET MANAGEMENT AND A DIVIDEND INCREASE OF 7%
* INCREASED 7% OR 1.5 CENTS PER SHARE TO QUARTERLY SHAREHOLDERS' DIVIDEND Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
TORONTO/NEW YORK Manulife Financial Corp is weighing the sale of a number of U.S. insurance assets after conducting a strategic review of its U.S. operations including John Hancock, people familiar with the plans told Reuters this week.
Jan 29 John Hancock, the U.S. arm of Canada's Manulife Financial, named Brooks Tingle CEO of its insurance business.
* BROOKS TINGLE NAMED PRESIDENT AND CEO JOHN HANCOCK INSURANCE
* MANULIFE ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO REDEEM 2.819% FIXED/FLOATING SUBORDINATED DEBENTURES Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* MANULIFE ANNOUNCES PORTFOLIO ASSET MIX CHANGES TO FREE UP CAPITAL, REDUCE RISK AND LOWER VOLATILITY IN ITS LEGACY BLOCKS, AND UPDATES ITS U.S. TAX REFORM GUIDANCE
- Manulife Financial's (MFC) CEO Roy Gori on Q4 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Manulife Financial Corporation 2017 Q4 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Manulife Financial's (MFC) CEO Roy Gori on Q3 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Manulife Financial Corporation 2017 Q3 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Manulife Financial: Is The Growth Potential Worth The Investment?
- Manulife Financial: Value And Growth Is Not Without Risk In This Insurer