Millicom International Cellular SA (MICsdb.ST)
19 Jan 2018
Sat, Jan 6 2018
* CO'S SUBSIDIARY TELEFÓNICA CELULAR DEL PARAGUAY SA HAS ACQUIRED THREE OF SEVEN AVAILABLE BLOCKS OF 2X5MHZ SPECTRUM IN 700MHZ BAND
* Millicom announced today that it has reduced its ownership stake in BIMA from 20.4% to 12.0% as part of a transaction that sees Allianz X investing $96.6m in the micro-insurance business. As a result of the transaction, Millicom receives $24m in cash. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Johan Ahlander)
* BHARTI AIRTEL SIGNS AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE MILLICOM'S OPERATIONS IN RWANDA
ACCRA, Nov 14 Bharti Airtel has merged with Millicom's Tigo in Ghana to become the country's second largest mobile operator, the new company AirtelTigo said on Tuesday.
DAKAR, Nov 10 Senegalese money transfer firm Wari has requested international arbitration in its dispute with Millicom International Cellular over the Luxembourg-based company's cancellation of a deal to sell its Senegal subsidiary Tigo to Wari.
DAKAR, Oct 27 Senegalese money transfer firm Wari said on Friday it was suing Millicom International Cellular after the Luxembourg-based company cancelled a deal to sell its Senegal subsidiary Tigo to Wari.
Oct 25 Millicom International CFO Tim Pennington tells Reuters:
STOCKHOLM, Oct 25 Emerging markets telecoms and media group Millicom late on Tuesday said it sees core earnings in its Latin American business growing by 4 to 6 percent in the fourth quarter, as it posted third-quarter core profit slightly above expectations.
* Luxembourg, 24 October 2017 - Millicom returns to positive revenue growth
* Says Bharti Airtel and Millicom announce deal closure to combine operations in Ghana