Merck KGaA (MRCG.DE)
23 Mar 2018
Thu, Mar 8 2018
* CEO says "very open" to licensing deals (Adds quotes, context)
DARMSTADT, Germany Germany's Merck KGaA expects a fall in operating profit this year before a rise next, it said on Thursday, citing Chinese competition in liquid crystals used in flat screens and higher drug development expenses.
* Cites costs of developing drugs Mavenclad and Bavencio (Adds 2019 outlook)
DARMSTADT, Germany, March 8 Germany's Merck KGaA quarterly adjusted core earnings slipped 6.5 percent, held back by a strong euro and intense competition from China for its liquid crystals used in flat screens.
BRIEF-Merck KGaA Announces Positive Phase IIb Results For Evobrutinib In Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
* MERCK KGAA, DARMSTADT, GERMANY, ANNOUNCES POSITIVE PHASE IIB RESULTS FOR EVOBRUTINIB IN RELAPSING MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
* SAYS MAVENCLAD (CLADRIBINE TABLETS) RECEIVES FIRST APPROVAL IN LATIN AMERICA
* MERCK KGAA, DARMSTADT, GERMANY INVESTS ADDITIONAL $47 MILLION TO ENHANCE MANUFACTURING AND DISTRIBUTION IN ASIA
FRANKFURT Merck KGaA and Pfizer received a setback on Thursday for their drug Bavencio, which is a late starter in the rapidly evolving field of cancer immunotherapies.
* Merck still sees potential against lung cancer for Bavencio (Adds trial details, background on immunotherapies)
FRANKFURT Merck KGaA and Pfizer's cancer drug Bavencio could not be shown to improve survival in lung cancer patients that had previously undergone unsuccessful chemotherapy, Merck said.
- Alzheon Files To Raise $80 Million In U.S. IPO
- Inovio's China Partnership License Agreement Should Be Cheered
- Biotechs Approaching New Waters
- Cidara Should Be On Your Radar After Positive Phase 2 Despite The Drop In Share Price
- AAM S&P 500 High Dividend Value ETF SPDV: Should You Ditch The High Yield Dog For This ETF
- Nick's Portfolio Tournament First Round Results