Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MRTI.BO)
Fri, Jun 1 2018
** Shares of auto companies Maruti Suzuki India Ltd and Bajaj Auto Ltd gain after posting higher monthly sales for May
** Shares of Indian auto companies rise after strong April sales numbers
* SAYS APRIL TOTAL SALES OF 172,986 VEHICLES VERSUS 151,215 VEHICLES LAST YEAR
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
BRIEF-Maruti Suzuki India Chairman Says Rising Fuel Costs Will Have Adverse Effect On Automobile Demand
April 27 Maruti Suzuki India Ltd Chairman R C Bhargava:
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, whose iconic 'Maruti 800' helped popularise cars in India, posted a 10 percent rise in quarterly net profit but missed analysts' expectations due to higher tax expenses, sending its shares lower.
* Shares down about 2 pct (Adds details of results, share reaction)
April 27 India's top selling car maker Maruti Suzuki India Ltd posted a 10 percent rise in net profit for the fourth quarter on Friday, buoyed by strong sales volume growth.
* MARCH QUARTER PROFIT 18.82 BILLION RUPEES VERSUS PROFIT OF 17.11 BILLION RUPEES LAST YEAR
BRIEF-Maruti Suzuki India Says Suzuki Motor Corp Starts Export Of 'Swift' Produced At Suzuki Motor Gujarat
* SAYS SUZUKI MOTOR CORP STARTED EXPORT OF 'SWIFT' PRODUCED AT SUZUKI MOTOR GUJARAT PVT LTD