Muenchener Rueckversicherungs Gesellschaft AG in Muenchen (MUVGn.DE)
11 Dec 2017
Fri, Dec 8 2017
* IAG IMPROVES CAPITAL EFFICIENCY AND REDUCES EARNINGS VOLATILITY
MUNICH, Nov 30 German reinsurer Munich Re aims to stabilise its annual net profit at "2 billion euros plus" for the next few years as low interest rates and price pressure hold back growth, its Chief Executive Joachim Wenning said.
* Clearance from watchdog Bafin seen a challenge (Adds details on valuation)
FRANKFURT Munich Re's Ergo unit has dropped plans to sell run-off life insurance policies, saying non-binding offers received by the company were too low, it said late Tuesday.
FRANKFURT, Nov 29 Munich Re's Ergo unit has dropped plans to sell run-off life insurance policies, saying non-binding offers received by the company were too low, it said late Tuesday.
* ERGO ENDS DISCUSSIONS CONCERNING SALE OF ITS GERMAN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANIES WITH TRADITIONAL LIFE INSURANCE PORTFOLIOS
Nov 16 Nikolaus von Bomhard, former CEO of Munich Re, will become supervisory board chairman at Deutsche Post, German monthly Manager Magazin reported, citing company sources.
* CFO sees worldwide "positive development" in reinsurance rates, which will be reflected in future profit
* Munich Re posts large Q3 loss as natural catastrophes weigh
* Sees 2017 reinsurance combined ratio of around 112 percent versus year-earlier 97 percent, according to presentation slides