Nextera Energy Inc (NEE.N)
20 Nov 2018
Mon, May 21 2018
NextEra Energy Inc said on Monday it is expanding in Florida by buying some utilities from Southern Co for $5.08 billion, the latest move in a sector consolidating as heavy debt drags on the industry.
* NextEra says deal to add to earnings immediately (Adds comments from CEO, background on Florida economy, shares)
May 21 U.S. power company NextEra Energy Inc said on Monday it would buy certain assets including Gulf Power Co and Florida City Gas from Southern Co for $5.08 billion.
* NEXTERA ENERGY REACHES DEFINITIVE AGREEMENTS TO ACQUIRE GULF POWER, FLORIDA CITY GAS AND ADDITIONAL ASSETS FROM SOUTHERN COMPANY
- Top Holdings Of Dividend ETFs (Part 1: The Top 50)
- A Bear On Crude Asks: Is A Crash Just Getting Going?
- NextEra Energy (NEE) Presents At EEI Financial Conference - Slideshow
- PPL Corporation: Another Utility With A 5+% Yield But Be Cautious
- Power Sector Disruptors: Where The Money Is Going
- Regulated Utilities: The Market's Legal 'Monopoly'