Newell Brands Inc (NWL.N)
Wed, Apr 11 2018
BRIEF-Starboard Files Definitive Proxy Materials To Elect Four Highly Qualified Director Nominees To The Newell Board Of Directors
* FILES DEFINITIVE PROXY MATERIALS TO ELECT FOUR HIGHLY QUALIFIED DIRECTOR NOMINEES TO THE NEWELL BOARD OF DIRECTORS AT THE UPCOMING 2018 ANNUAL MEETING
BOSTON, April 10 Activist hedge fund Starboard Value LP said on Tuesday it plans to seek four board seats at consumer products group Newell Brands, arguing more work is needed to repair the company even after rival activist Carl Icahn was handed board seats.
BOSTON, April 4 Activist hedge fund Starboard Value LP plans to press ahead with a proxy fight at consumer products group Newell Brands Inc, saying more work is needed to repair the company even after rival activist Carl Icahn won board seats last month.
* NEWELL BRANDS TO NOMINATE DAVID ATCHISON TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
* NEW BOARD COMMITTED TO REALIZING REPORTED OPERATING INCOME IMPROVEMENTS OF AT LEAST $800 MILLION OVER NEXT 3 YEARS, INCLUDING MINIMUM OF $300 MILLION IN 2018
BOSTON, March 23 Hedge fund Glenview Capital Management on Friday said it now owns 5.6 percent of Newell Brands Inc, announcing its increased stake just days after the maker of Sharpie markers and Elmer's Glue handed activist investor Carl Icahn board seats.
* GLENVIEW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC REPORTS 5.56 PERCENT PASSIVE STAKE IN NEWELL BRANDS INC AS OF MARCH 16, 2018 - SEC FILING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2pzXynt) Further company coverage:
* NEWELL BRANDS SAYS CEO MICHAEL POLK'S TOTAL COMPENSATION FOR 2017 WAS $15.3 MILLION - SEC FILING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2G8VFEM) Further company coverage:
Former Newell Brands Inc board director Martin Franklin, who teamed up with activist hedge fund Starboard Value LP to challenge the U.S. maker of Sharpie markers and Rubbermaid containers, told Reuters on Tuesday he is considering acquiring some of its assets.
Activist hedge fund Starboard Value LP said on Tuesday four of its nominees to Newell Brands Inc's board withdrew, a day after the consumer products maker handed board seats to billionaire investor Carl Icahn.