Punjab National Bank (PNBK.BO)
Tue, Nov 14 2017
* Seeks shareholders' nod for raising equity capital for an amount not exceeding 50 billion rupees
NEW DELHI/MUMBAI Two of India's big state banks saw the pace of bad loan growth slow in the second-quarter, but steep provisions for defaulters in bankruptcy proceedings mean profits will stay under pressure until at least March.
* Bankruptcy cases help push Union Bank to loss (Adds Union Bank and Uco Bank figures, details)
* Exec says have 110 billion Indian rupee ($1.70 billion) loan exposure to 9 cos in first RBI list for bankruptcies
Nov 3 India's state-run Punjab National Bank , the country's fourth-biggest lender by assets, reported a 2 percent rise in second-quarter profit, beating forecasts.
* Punjab National Bank consensus forecast for Sept quarter net profit was 4.33 billion rupees
* Says one-year MCLR at 8.15 percent w.e.f. Nov 1 Source text - http://bit.ly/2zPSdvO Further company coverage:
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
* Approached board to raise basel III compliant debt instrument tier I bonds worth INR 30 billion and tier - II bonds up to INR 30 billion Source text - http://bit.ly/2fQBmAB Further company coverage:
* Says to consider raising common equity tier capital worth up to 50 billion rupees Source text: http://bit.ly/2hkTgz5 Further company coverage: