Rio Tinto PLC (RIO.L)
25 Apr 2019
Wed, Apr 17 2019
* China's March steel output up 10 pct y/y (Updates closing prices; adds China March steel output data)
BEIJING, April 17 China's Dalian iron ore futures plunged on Wednesday as Brazilian iron ore miner Vale SA is set to resume operations at the Brucutu mine, although its Australian rivals cut their production guidance for the year.
MELBOURNE BHP Group, the world's biggest miner, joined rival Rio Tinto on Wednesday in cutting its forecast for iron ore output after a tropical cyclone, although analysts expect high prices to limit any impact on profits.
* Iron ore costs creep up to less than $15 from less than $14/T (Recasts, adds detail, adds fund manager comment)
SYDNEY, April 10 Mining giant Rio Tinto said a fire had damaged a facility at one of its Pilbara iron ore operations, though there was no word on whether it would impact shipping of the mineral.
* Shanghai rebar rebounds in Q1 on demand hopes (Adds Rio Tinto's declaration of force majeure, ANZ's deficit forecast, closing prices, milestones and graphic, and revises bullet points)
* Iron ore inventory at Chinese ports continue to pick up (Updates closing prices, Australian miners resumed operations)
* More mills expected to resume production in April - analysts
MELBOURNE Rio Tinto said on Wednesday has suspended its Weipa bauxite mining operations at the northeastern tip of the country ahead of a cyclone.
NEW YORK A U.S. judge on Monday rejected Rio Tinto Plc's bid to dismiss a Securities and Exchange Commission lawsuit accusing the Anglo-Australian mining company of civil fraud in its handling of a failed investment in a Mozambique coal project.