Rio Tinto PLC (RIO.L)
24 May 2019
Wed, May 15 2019
TORONTO, May 14 A large proportion of the minority shareholders in Rio Tinto Plc-controlled Turquoise Hill Resources voted against the re-election of the company's independent directors on Tuesday.
* Glencore says new sources of battery minerals needed (Updates with details from Rio, Glencore)
MELBOURNE, May 7 Rio Tinto has agreed to buy a fleet of autonomous trucks and other mining equipment from Caterpillar for its new Koodaideri iron ore mine in Western Australia, it said on Tuesday.
* China's March steel output up 10 pct y/y (Updates closing prices; adds China March steel output data)
BEIJING, April 17 China's Dalian iron ore futures plunged on Wednesday as Brazilian iron ore miner Vale SA is set to resume operations at the Brucutu mine, although its Australian rivals cut their production guidance for the year.
MELBOURNE BHP Group, the world's biggest miner, joined rival Rio Tinto on Wednesday in cutting its forecast for iron ore output after a tropical cyclone, although analysts expect high prices to limit any impact on profits.
* Iron ore costs creep up to less than $15 from less than $14/T (Recasts, adds detail, adds fund manager comment)
SYDNEY, April 10 Mining giant Rio Tinto said a fire had damaged a facility at one of its Pilbara iron ore operations, though there was no word on whether it would impact shipping of the mineral.
* Shanghai rebar rebounds in Q1 on demand hopes (Adds Rio Tinto's declaration of force majeure, ANZ's deficit forecast, closing prices, milestones and graphic, and revises bullet points)
* Iron ore inventory at Chinese ports continue to pick up (Updates closing prices, Australian miners resumed operations)