South32 Ltd (S32J.J)
Jan 17 Mining group South32 Ltd said on Wednesday its second-quarter metallurgical coal output dropped 43 percent due to an outage at its Appin mine in Australia, while raising its full-year output forecast for South African manganese operations.
* SOUTH32 LTD REPORTS 6.2 PERCENT PASSIVE STAKE IN TRILOGY METALS AS OF DEC 19 - SEC FILING Source text : [http://bit.ly/2ljPNjD] Further company coverage:
* TRILOGY METALS ANNOUNCES A NEW LARGE SHAREHOLDER AND THE COMPANY'S CEO SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASES HIS SHARE POSITION
BRIEF-Trilogy Metals Announces South32 To Fund Us$10 Million 2018 Program And Budget For The Bornite Project
* TRILOGY METALS ANNOUNCES SOUTH32 TO FUND US$10 MILLION 2018 PROGRAM AND BUDGET FOR THE BORNITE PROJECT
Nov 27 Australian miner South32 Ltd on Monday said its South Africa Energy Coal (SAEC) business would be run as a stand-alone unit, with the goal of widening its ownership and possibly listing it on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
* South32 Ltd - entered over-counter equity forward contract to acquire up to an additional 15 million shares in Arizona Mining Incorporated
* Increases $500 mln buyback by $250 mln (Recasts, adds CEO quotes, details, dateline)
* South32, Rio reports add to bullish iron ore sentiment (Recasts; Updating with prices,)
BEIJING, July 20 China iron ore futures rose a fourth day on Thursday, holding near multi-month highs as speculative investors continued to add bullish bets amid hopes of robust steel demand, while coking coal eased on profit taking.
* Eyes more buybacks, acquisitions (Adds CEO quotes, share price, details on buyback)