J Sainsbury PLC (SBRY.L)
23 May 2018
Thu, May 24 2018
* HOURLY RATE FOR EMPLOYEES TO INCREASE FROM £8 TO £9.20 PER HOUR
LONDON Britain's competition regulator has invited all interested parties to submit their views on a proposed 7.3 billion pound ($9.9 billion) deal to combine Sainsbury's with Walmart's Asda supermarket chain.
* UK business minister wants suppliers to be considered (Adds intervention by UK business minister)
LONDON, May 18 Britain's competition regulator on Friday invited all interested parties in the proposed deal to combine Sainsbury's with Walmart's Asda to comment on the impact it could have.
LONDON, May 10 Morrisons, Britain's fourth biggest supermarket operator, beat forecasts for first-quarter underlying sales growth helped by growth in its wholesale business.
* UNILEVER CHAIRMAN SAYS "WE ARE NOT CHASING PROTECTIONISM" W/ MOVE TO NETHERLANDS, CITES CANCELING OF PREFERENCE SHARES AS EVIDENCE
May 2 Uk Groceries Code Adjudicator says "not worried" about size of Sainsbury's/Asda deal in terms of regulatory remit.
* FY UNDERLYING PRETAX PROFIT ROSE 1.4 PERCENT TO 589 MILLION STG
LONDON, May 1 Sainsbury's and Asda, the two British supermarkets planning to merge, had the slowest sales of the "big four" chains in the 12 weeks to April 22, market data showed on Tuesday.
LONDON, April 30 Sainsbury's purchase of Walmart's Asda can be beneficial for the economy and consumers but it is important that suppliers are treated fairly in the deal, a junior British business minister said on Monday.
- European Markets Mixed; Tesco Probe, Declining Sales Hit British Grocers But Zalando Zooms
- European Markets Drift as They Wait for Central Bank Stimulus
- Markets Still Worried by Geopolitical Tensions, but London Gets Boost from Tesco
- 3 Shares Trading at 2012 Prices
- Is It Still Safe to Buy J. Sainsbury?
- 5 FTSE Dates for Your June Diaries