J Sainsbury PLC (SBRY.L)
23 Feb 2018
LONDON Britain's Sainsbury's said on Thursday it has purchased the Nectar loyalty card business from Canada's Aimia for 60 million pounds ($85 million), boosting the supermarket group's control of customer data.
LONDON, Feb 1 Britain's Sainsbury's said on Thursday it has purchased the Nectar loyalty card business from Canada's Aimia for 60 million pounds ($85 million), boosting the supermarket group's control of customer data.
* DEAL FOR A GROSS CONSIDERATION OF APPROXIMATELY $105 MILLION (OR £60 MILLION)
LONDON, Jan 23 Sainsbury's, Britain's second largest supermarket group, said on Tuesday it would shake up its store management structure as it seeks to achieve targeted cost savings.
LONDON British supermarket group Sainsbury's cautioned on Wednesday that the market for general merchandise and clothing would be tough in 2018, taking the shine off a slight upgrade to its forecast for annual profit.
* General merchandise sales fall, clothing sales growth slows
* SHARES UP 1.7 PERCENT AFTER FIRM BEATS FORECASTS FOR CHRISTMAS TRADING, UPGRADES PROFIT OUTLOOK
LONDON, Jan 10 Sainsbury's, Britain's No. 2 supermarket group, reported a slight beat to forecasts for sales growth in its key Christmas quarter and said it was edging up its full-year profit guidance, helped by synergies from the Argos business.
(Adds table, quote) LONDON, Jan 9 Britain's biggest supermarket group Tesco was the best performer over Christmas, Kantar Worldpanel said on Tuesday, with a 3.1 percent rise in sales in the past 12 weeks beating its "big four" rivals Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons. Asda, owned by Walmart, increased sales by 2.2 percent in the period to Dec. 31, while 2.1 percent more came through the tills at Morrisons and Sainsbury's was up 2.0 percent, the research group said. But gro
- European Markets Mixed; Tesco Probe, Declining Sales Hit British Grocers But Zalando Zooms
- European Markets Drift as They Wait for Central Bank Stimulus
- Markets Still Worried by Geopolitical Tensions, but London Gets Boost from Tesco
- 3 Shares Trading at 2012 Prices
- Is It Still Safe to Buy J. Sainsbury?
- 5 FTSE Dates for Your June Diaries