Scor SE (SCOR.PA)
24 Apr 2019
Tue, Apr 23 2019
PARIS French co-operative insurer Covea, which in January dropped plans to buy reinsurer SCOR, on Tuesday said it was still interested in diversifying into reinsurance via acquisitions.
* Covea is SCOR's largest shareholder with 8.17 pct (Adds comments from Covea CEO and more details)
PARIS, March 25 French activist fund CIAM will ask reinsurance company SCOR's CEO Denis Kessler to surrender the chairmanship of the company's board after he thwarted a takeover attempt earlier this year.
* SCOR tells shareholders to back Kessler (Adds reaction from Scor's management)
PARIS, March 25 French activist fund CIAM will ask Scor's CEO Denis Kessler, who has run the company since 2002, to surrender the chairmanship of the company's board after he thwarted a takeover attempt earlier this year.
* CEO Kessler reiterates Scor plans to stay independent (Adds details on loss in fourth quarter)
PARIS, Feb 20 French reinsurer Scor, which was the target of a thwarted acquisition by rival Covea last year, said on Wednesday that its net profit in 2018 soared despite frequent and severe natural disasters in the second half of the year.
* Scor to release strategic plan (Adds reaction from CIAM's president in paragraphs 8-9)
PARIS, Feb 5 French reinsurer Scor's Chief Executive Denis Kessler said on Tuesday that criticism made by activist fund CIAM over his handling of a merger proposal constituted slander.
* Scor shares drop 11 pct, erasing almost all gains since August