Shoprite Holdings Ltd (SHPJ.J)
17 Nov 2017
Mon, Oct 30 2017
JOHANNESBURG, Oct 30 Shoprite increased turnover 6.4 percent in the three months to end-September, buoyed by South African sales, but with weaker commodity prices weighing on in its business in the rest of Africa.
JOHANNESBURG, Oct 30 Africa's largest grocer Shoprite grew South African sales 8.1 percent in the three months to end-September as it kept price increases low amid weak economic growth, the company said on Monday.
* National Consumer Tribunal handed down judgment finding shoprite guilty of reckless lending Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 6 South African retailer Shoprite has been fined 1 million rand ($77,500) for failing to assess properly whether consumers could afford its loans, the National Consumer Tribunal said on Wednesday.
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 5 South African retailer Shoprite's shareholders approved a buyback of former chief executive Whitey Basson's shares for 1.75 billion rand ($136 million), the company said on Tuesday.
JOHANNESBURG, Aug 22 South Africa-based Shoprite matched estimates with a 12 percent rise in annual profit on Tuesday, as consumers battling recession and job losses turned to its non-frills outlets.
JOHANNESBURG, Aug 22 Shoprite, Africa's biggest grocer, largely met estimates with a 12 percent rise in annual profit on Tuesday, as consumers battling recession and job losses turned to its non-frills outlets.
* FY DILUTED HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE ROSE 11.9% - FROM 900.3 CENTS TO 1,007.4 CENTS
JOHANNESBURG, Aug 7 Shares in South Africa's Shoprite fell more than 5 percent on Monday as investors digested news that Steinhoff through its African spinoff could acquire a controlling stake in the supermarket operator in a share deal worth 35.5 billion rand ($2.6 billion).
* Both companies have same key shareholder and chairman (Adds background, detail)
- David Marcus Discusses the Policy Aspects of Corporate Inversions
- European Markets Are Spooked by Ukraine and Gaza, but AbbVie Gets Shire Deal
- AbbVie Continues To Pursue Irish Drugmaker Shire With Higher Offer
- European Markets Rise Despite Iraq Conflict, as Local Economy and Stocks Take Center Stage
- IPO Preview: Acceleron Pharma
- FTSE Shares That Soared and Plunged This Week