Siemens AG (SIEGn.DE)
21 Nov 2017
Fri, Nov 17 2017
BERLIN Siemens employees protested in various German cities on Friday against the company's proposal to cut 6,900 jobs, which a senior Siemens official said could be revised after negotiations with the union. | Video
BERLIN, Nov 17 Siemens employees protested in various German cities on Friday against the company's proposal to cut 6,900 jobs, which a senior Siemens official said could be revised after negotiations with the union.
FRANKFURT Siemens will cut about 6,900 jobs, or close to 2 percent of its global workforce, mainly at its power and gas division, which has been hit by the rapid growth of renewables.
* Power industry experiences "unprecedented" disruption (Adds comment from German Economy Minister)
* Siemens could cut 4,000 jobs in restructuring - WSJ, citing sources
* Says Siemens rail merger is proceeding on track with their planned timetable
PARIS, Nov 14 French manufacturing group Alstom , which has agreed to merge its rail operations with Germany's Siemens, reported a surge in first-half net profit and kept its 2020 financial targets.
* SIGNED AGREEMENT WITH SIEMENS AG FOR DEVELOPMENT OF ZERO-EMISSION FUEL CELL ENGINE TO FOR SIEMENS' MIREO LIGHT RAIL TRAIN
MUNICH, Nov 9 Siemens is not interested in taking part in large industrial automation merger deals at the moment, its chief executive said when asked about consolidation in the context of Emerson Electric's attempt to buy Rockwell Automation.
* Shares down 2.7 percent (Writes through with new executive, union comment)
- New Technologies, Automation And The Future
- Siemens Plans to Cut 7,800 Jobs in Part of Ongoing Restructuring
- David Marcus Discusses the Lessons of GE's Acquisition of Alstom
- Why Siemens Is Betting $7.6 Billion on the Global Fracking Business
- GE's New Alston Offer Could Fuel Africa, Europe Growtrh
- European Markets Rise Despite Iraq Conflict, as Local Economy and Stocks Take Center Stage