Shaw Communications Inc (SJRb.TO)
18 May 2018
Fri, Apr 13 2018
TORONTO, April 12 Canada's main stock index closed slightly higher on Thursday as Shaw Communications' shares gained on better-than-expected quarterly results and higher commodity prices, due to geopolitical concerns, boosted the shares of energy firms. * The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed up 11.37 points, or 0.07 percent, at 15,269.27. * The TSX's energy group rose by 0.5 percent. * Seven of the index's 10 main indust
Shaw Communications Inc's quarterly profit easily topped analysts' estimates on Thursday as the Canadian telecom services company's investments in its wireless business helped more than double subscriber additions.
* Shares rise 10.5 pct on TSX, 8.8 pct on NYSE (Adds details from conference call, shares)
April 12 Canada's main stock index rose at open on Thursday, led by gains in financial stocks and as Shaw Communications shares advanced after reporting a better-than-expected profit.
* Q2 RESTRUCTURING CHARGE OF $417 MILLION RELATED TO TOTAL BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION INITIATIVE
April 12 Canadian telecom company Shaw Communications Inc reported a quarterly loss on Thursday after it recorded restructuring charges of C$417 million ($331.3 million).
BRIEF-Shaw Communications Says 3,300 Employees Elected To Participate In A Voluntary Departure Program
* SHAW COMMUNICATIONS COMPLETES FIRST PHASE OF TOTAL BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION INITIATIVE
* SHAW COMMUNICATIONS ANNOUNCES CFO TRANSITION AS PART OF TOTAL BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION
* ANNOUNCED AN ENTERPRISE-WIDE INITIATIVE DESIGNED TO REINVENT ITS OPERATING MODEL
Jan 30 Canada's Shaw Communications Inc will offer about 6,500 of its employees voluntary departure packages, the wireless service provider said on Tuesday, as it seeks to cut costs.