Smith & Nephew PLC (SN.L)
23 Jan 2018
* AS RESULT OF US TAX CHANGE, FROM 2018 NOW EXPECTS A CORPORATE TAX RATE ON TRADING RESULTS IN RANGE 20% TO 21% FOR MEDIUM TERM
* ACQUISITION COST IS $125 MILLION AND UP TO A FURTHER $85 MILLION OVER NEXT FIVE YEARS, CONTINGENT ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Says full-year growth will be at lower end of 3-4 pct guidance
* Ceo says cost savings plan will be finalised by year-end results in feb
LONDON, Nov 3 European hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew said on Friday its growth for the year would be at the lower end of its guidance after reporting a 3 percent rise in revenue for the third quarter, just missing average market expectations.
LONDON, Oct 23 Medical technology group Smith & Nephew, which some investors believe should streamline operations to make itself a more attractive takeover target, said on Monday it was buying a U.S. sports injury business for up to $210 million.
LONDON, Oct 23 Medical technology group Smith & Nephew, which has been urged by activist investor Elliott Management to shed some operations according to media reports, has agreed to buy a U.S. tissue repair business for up to $210 million.
* ENTERED INTO A DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE ROTATION MEDICAL INC
Oct 10 Hedge fund Elliott Management Corp has built a stake in artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew Plc , Bloomberg reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Paul Singer's Elliott is said to build a stake in Smith & Nephew - Bloomberg, citing sources Source text: https://bloom.bg/2y8hNye Further company coverage: