Smith & Nephew PLC (SN.L)
23 May 2018
Thu, May 3 2018
* Trade war worries weigh on global markets (Recasts, updates prices at close)
* Shares fall 7 pct (Adds CEO comments, analyst reaction, shares)
* CEO SAYS DECLINE IN ESTABLISHED MARKETS WAS MAINLY DUE TO MARKET WEAKNESS
LONDON, May 3 Smith & Nephew, Europe's biggest artificial hip and knee maker, downgraded its forecast for full-year underlying revenue growth and profit margin after some markets softened and it saw a slowdown in its bioactives business in the first quarter.
LONDON, April 4 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew said on Wednesday it had appointed Namal Nawana to replace Olivier Bohuon as chief executive of the British company next month.
* SMITH & NEPHEW PLC - ANNOUNCES FULL COMMERCIAL RELEASE OF JOURNEY II XR TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, Feb 8 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew scraped into the bottom of its guidance range for 2017, with a 3 percent rise in revenue to $4.77 billion pounds and a 20 basis point increase in its trading margin, resulting in profit of $1.05 billion.
* AS RESULT OF US TAX CHANGE, FROM 2018 NOW EXPECTS A CORPORATE TAX RATE ON TRADING RESULTS IN RANGE 20% TO 21% FOR MEDIUM TERM
* ACQUISITION COST IS $125 MILLION AND UP TO A FURTHER $85 MILLION OVER NEXT FIVE YEARS, CONTINGENT ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.firstname.lastname@example.org)