Synchrony Financial (SYF.N)
23 Feb 2018
Sat, Feb 24 2018
NEW YORK, Feb 23 General Electric Co faces potential legal action by the U.S. Department of Justice over allegations that its GE Capital unit and now-defunct WMC Mortgage Corp unit violated U.S. law in connection with subprime mortgages, according to a regulatory filing on Friday.
* GE SAYS BELIEVES DOJ IS "LIKELY TO ASSERT" THAT WMC & GE CAPITAL VIOLATED FIRREA RELATING TO SUBPRIME MORTGAGE LOANS IN 2006 & 2007
NEW YORK, Feb 16 General Electric Co was sued on Friday by a shareholder who accused the conglomerate of concealing mounting insurance liabilities and a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission probe, saying it cost shareholders tens of billions of dollars.
* SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL - TERMS OF TRANSACTION WERE NOT DISCLOSED
Jan 19 * Synchrony Financial posted quarterly adjusted earnings of 70 cents per share. The mean expectation of 20 analysts for the quarter ended December 31 was for earnings of 63 cents per share. * Revenue rose 7.94 percent to $3.92 billion from a year ago; analysts expected $3.96 billion. * Synchrony Financial's Reported EPS for the quarter was 49 cents. * The mean earnings estimate of analysts had risen by about 9.4 percent in the last three months. * In the last 30 days twelve
* REPORTS FOURTH QUARTER NET EARNINGS OF $385 MILLION OR $0.49 PER DILUTED SHARE INCLUDING IMPACT FROM TAX CUTS AND JOBS ACT; $545 MILLION OR $0.70 EXCLUDING IMPACT
BRIEF-Synchrony Financial Files Preliminary Prospectus Supplement Related To A Potential Offering Of Senior Notes
* FILES PRELIMINARY PROSPECTUS SUPPLEMENT RELATED TO A POTENTIAL OFFERING OF SENIOR NOTES DUE 2027 - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2zwSiE4) Further company coverage:
* PayPal - sees Q4 revenue between $3.64 billion-$3.70 billion versus previous forecast $3.57 billion-$3.63 billion - Conf call
* Synchrony financial says transaction with paypal not expected to impact current capital plan announced may 17- sec filing
Consumer financial services company Synchrony Financial said on Thursday that it would buy $6.8 billion in receivables from PayPal Holdings Inc, including the payment processor's U.S. consumer credit receivables portfolio.
- Synchrony Financial Intrinsic Value
- Tracking Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio - Q4 2017 Update
- Tracking Seth Klarman's Baupost Group Holdings - Q4 2017 Update
- Stocks To Watch: Digging For Gems In The Shakeout
- You Can't Cheat The Business Cycle
- Clearbridge Value Trust Q4 2017 Product Commentary