Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS)
23 May 2018
Thu, May 24 2018
** The automaker's fourth-quarter profit plunged 50.5 pct to 21.25 bln rupees ($311.08 mln) due to higher expenses and a one-off charge
* EXEC SAYS CO SEES SIGNIFICANT CHALLENGES IN THE U.K. DUE TO BREXIT, HIGHER TAX ON DIESEL CARS
Tata Motors Ltd's fourth quarter profit halved, missing analysts' estimates due to higher expenses and a one-time impairment charge for certain product development programmes, the Indian automaker said on Wednesday.
* Q4 expenses up 19 pct (Adds details on results, background)
BRIEF-Tata Motors Says In Near Term, Challenges Of Market, Technology And Geo-Political Uncertainties Likely To Persist
* QTRLY CONSOL EXCEPTIONAL ITEM ON PROVISION FOR IMPAIRMENT OF CAPITAL WORK-IN-PROGRESS, INTANGIBLES UNDER DEVELOPMENT WAS INR 16.41 BILLION
May 23 India's Tata Motors Ltd said on Wednesday fourth quarter profit halved, coming in sharply below estimates.
* MARCH QUARTER CONSOL NET PROFIT 21.25 BILLION RUPEES VERSUS PROFIT OF 42.96 BILLION RUPEES LAST YEAR
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
* Indian bonds, rupee weakened to multi-month lows (Updates bond yield and rupee)
May 15 Indian shares pared earlier gains to end largely flat on Tuesday after the main opposition Congress party said it would form an alliance with the Janata Dal (Secular) party to rival Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the assembly elections in the southern state of Karnataka.