Tiger Brands Ltd (TBSJ.J)
Thu, May 24 2018
* Maintained interim dividend (Adds details on listeria update, share price)
* Strain linked to outbreak found in 7 Tiger products-Health Dept (Adds Health Department detection)
JOHANNESBURG A class action lawsuit was filed on Thursday against South Africa's Tiger Brands, after one of its food factories was linked to a listeria outbreak that has killed 180 people since early 2017, the lawyer running the case said.
JOHANNESBURG, March 29 A class action lawsuit was filed on Thursday against South Africa's Tiger Brands, one of whose food factories has been linked to a listeria outbreak that has killed 180 people since early 2017, the lawyer running the case said.
* Received notice of two class action suits against firm (Adds CFO statement)
JOHANNESBURG, March 19 South Africa's Tiger Brands has not calculated the potential financial impact of class action suits following the outbreak of listeria at its factories which has resulted in 180 deaths since January 2017, its chief financial officer said on Monday.
BRIEF-Tiger Brands Says Continued Extensive Testing Of Products, Production Facilities Beyond Polokwane, Germiston
* CONTINUED EXTENSIVE TESTING OF PRODUCTS AND PRODUCTION FACILITIES BEYOND POLOKWANE AND GERMISTON
* OPERATIONS AT CLAYVILLE ABATTOIR ARE BEING WOUND DOWN WITH OBJECTIVE OF SUSPENDING OPERATIONS COMPLETELY BY 31 MARCH 2018
JOHANNESBURG, March 19 South Africa's Tiger Brands said on Monday it expected its meat products unit to record a monthly loss of up to 33 million rand ($2.7 million) after it suspended operations at four sites after a listeria outbreak that has killed 180 people in 14 months.
BRIEF-Tiger Brands Says DoH report Confirms Presence Of Listeria Monocytogenes St6 Strain In Polokwane Factory
* ENTERPRISE FOODS RECEIVED REPORT FROM DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH ON MARCH 8 WHICH CONFIRMS PRESENCE OF LISTERIA MONOCYTOGENES ST6 (LST6) STRAIN