Telecom Italia SpA (TLIT.MI)
23 Mar 2018
Sat, Mar 24 2018
MILAN, March 23 Vivendi has succeeded in shuffling the cards in a stand-off over Telecom Italia with Elliott, rattling the activist fund by forcing shareholders at the Italian phone operator to vote on an entire new board.
MILAN, March 23 Activist investor Elliott Advisors slammed as "cynical and self-serving" a move by French media group Vivendi to force Telecom Italia to have to name a new board after a majority of directors resigned.
MILAN, March 22 Telecom Italia (TIM) said on Thursday the majority of its board members had resigned following the governance challenge launched by activist investor Elliott and a new board would be voted on by shareholders at a meeting on May 4.
March 22 Telecom Italia Chairman Arnaud de Puyfontaine says in a separate statement:
* VIVENDI SAYS VIVENDI REPRESENTATIVES RESIGN FROM TELECOM ITALIA’S BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ROME Telecom Italia (TIM) is open to selling a stake in its soon-to-be-created network company and list the unit, but only once it becomes a fully regulated business to ensure stable returns, two sources with direct knowledge of the matter said.
ROME, March 22 Telecom Italia (TIM) is open to selling a stake in its soon-to-be-created network company and list the unit, but only once it becomes a fully regulated business to ensure stable returns, two sources with direct knowledge of the matter said.
MILAN, March 21 Activist fund Elliott Advisors holds a 3.75 percent equity stake in Telecom Italia (TIM) and an additional 1.99 percent holding through derivative contracts, a filing with Italian market watchdog Consob showed on Wednesday.
* SAYS APPOINTS PIETRO SCOTT JOVANE NEW CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER AS OF MID APRIL Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
SAO PAULO, March 16 The replacement of TIM Participacoes SA Chairman Mario Cesar Pereira de Araujo on Friday was not a surprise to the company's board given the increasingly hands-on approach of the CEO of the Brazilian company's Italian parent, Telecom Italia, a high-ranking source with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- Markets Uncertain this Morning, as Geopolitics and Economy Weighed on Sentiment
- European Stock Indices Hold Steady Despite Weak German Data; Telecom Italia Rises
- European Markets Recover from Friday’s Fall, As Tensions Ease For Now in Ukraine
- Telecom Italia CEO Discusses Q3 2010 Results - Earnings Call Transcript