Vedanta Ltd (VDAN.BO)
Thu, Dec 14 2017
* SAYS PROPOSES TO OFFER NCDS WORTH UP TO 5 BILLION RUPEES Source text: http://bit.ly/2ktoj9U Further company coverage:
Indian shares ended lower on Wednesday as falling global commodity prices pushed metal shares such as Vedanta Ltd down, while consumer stocks such as ITC Ltd also weighed on the indexes.
Nov 15 Indian shares ended lower on Wednesday as falling global commodity prices pushed metal shares such as Vedanta Ltd down, while consumer stocks such as ITC Ltd also weighed on the indexes.
* Clarifies on news item "JSW, Vedanta among 18 cos eyeing Jaypee Infratech"
** Shares of Vedanta Ltd rise as much as 1.6 pct to 346.40 rupees, their highest since January 2011
Nov 2 Vedanta Ltd, the Indian unit of diversified mining group Vedanta Resources Plc, posted a 47 percent rise in second-quarter profit, helped by improved commodity prices and higher zinc and copper production.
* Sept quarter consol profit 20.91 billion rupees versus 14.24 billion rupees last year
* Sept quarter profit 77.4 million rupees versus profit of 51.4 million rupees year ago
Hindustan Zinc Ltd , India's biggest zinc miner, posted a 34 percent rise in second-quarter profit on Monday, boosted by higher output and increase in metal prices.
* Says Odisha's pollution control board revoked closure of co's 3 units on Sept 20