Wilmar International Ltd (WLIL.SI)
21 Nov 2017
Mon, Nov 20 2017
* Wilmar enters into agreement to purchase edible oil facilities in Kuantan from Cargill
* Tropical oils pre-tax profit cut in half (Adds details on segment performance, CEO comment from statement, CFO comments from results briefing)
SINGAPORE, Nov 13 Singapore's Wilmar International Ltd posted a 6 percent fall in third-quarter net profit as stronger performance in its oilseeds and grains division was offset by lower results in the tropical oils and sugar businesses.
* Qtrly revenue $11,128.9 million versus $11,084.3 million a year ago
* Acquisition of 50 pct of Three-A (Qinhuangdao)Food Industries Co. Ltd by Wilmar
* Two Singapore Companies, Wilmar And Aalst, team up in chocolate and compound manufacturing
* Archer Daniels Midland Asia-Pacific acquired 40 million shares in co for s$129 million Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (email@example.com)
* Posts weaker performance in tropical oils, sugar segments (Adds outlook, milestone, CEO quote)
SINGAPORE, Aug 10 Singapore's Wilmar International Ltd turned in a profit in the second quarter as its oilseeds and grains segment recovered from losses in the year-ago period, although the results were hurt by weaker tropical oils and sugar businesses.
* Qtrly revenue $10.60 billion versus $9.37 billion a year ago