William Hill PLC (WMH.L)
Tue, Apr 3 2018
* GARETH DAVIS, CHAIRMAN STEPPED DOWN FROM BOARD ON 2 APRIL AND THAT ROGER DEVLIN HAS BEEN APPOINTED CHAIRMAN WITH EFFECT FROM 2 APRIL Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
British bookmaker William Hill drew a line under a costly bet on Australia on Tuesday with the sale of its business there to CrownBet for A$314 million ($244 million).
* Shares rise 1.3 pct after deal announced (Adds details, background, share movement)
March 6 British bookmaker William Hill Plc said it agreed to sell its Australia business to a unit of CrownBet for an equity value of A$313.7 million ($243.6 million).
* SIGNED BINDING AGREEMENT TO DISPOSE OF WILLIAM HILL AUSTRALIA TO CROWNBET HOLDINGS PTY LTD
* FY NET REVENUE 1,711.1 MILLION STG VERSUS 1,603 MILLION STG YEAR AGO
* TO PAY A TOTAL PACKAGE OF £6.2 MILLION, INCLUDING A SUM OF £1.2 MILLION TO BE RETURNED TO AFFECTED PARTIES OF FRAUD
BRIEF-William Hill Says Roger Devlin Formally Joined Board As Chairman Designate With Immediate Effect
* ROGER DEVLIN HAS FORMALLY JOINED BOARD AS CHAIRMAN DESIGNATE WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.firstname.lastname@example.org)
* GROUP'S FULL-YEAR ADJUSTED OPERATING PROFIT 1 FOR 2017 IS EXPECTED TO BE C£290M, C11% UP ON 2016
* ROGER DEVLIN WILL JOIN BOARD AS CHAIRMAN DESIGNATE ON 1 FEBRUARY
- Is William Hill the Ultimate Retirement Share?
- William Hill Is About to Enter a New Golden Age
- William Hill Hails Grand National "Major Success"
- Why easyJet, William Hill, and Lonrho Should Lag the FTSE 100 Today
- William Hill Announces Deal With Playtech for 424 Million Pounds
- Online Boost for William Hill