Swire Pacific Ltd (0019.HK)
22 Mar 2018
SHANGHAI/SINGAPORE Cathay Pacific posted a smaller than expected annual loss due to a rebound in the cargo market, moderating ticket price falls and lower fuel hedging losses, prompting analysts to call that the worst was over for the Hong Kong airline.
* Annual loss HK$1.26 bln vs HK$2.15 bln loss expected by analysts
BRIEF-Swire Properties's Unit To Buy 50 Pct Stake In Shanghai Qianxiu From Shanghai Newbund For RMB1.35 Bln
* UNIT TO BUY 50% STAKE IN SHANGHAI QIANXIU CO LTD FROM SHANGHAI NEWBUND COMPANY FOR RMB1,349 MILLION
* JOHN ROBERT SLOSAR TO RETIRE AS CHAIRMAN AND A DIRECTOR OF SWIRE PACIFIC LIMITED
SINGAPORE Loss-making Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd hired McKinsey & Co consultants earlier this year to advise on a transformation plan, drawing on turnarounds at regional rivals such as Qantas Airways Ltd and Japan Airlines Co Ltd .
* Impairment charges currently estimated at about hk$936 million expected to be made against consolidated profits of co for 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
SINGAPORE Qatar Airways wants to create a virtual mega-carrier that will benefit from economies of scale in negotiations on fuel and aircraft purchases while it boosts investment in other airlines, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
SINGAPORE, Nov 7 Qatar Airways wants to create a virtual mega-carrier that will benefit from economies of scale in negotiations on fuel and aircraft purchases while it boosts investment in other airlines, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
* Joins concentrated register alongside Swire Pacific, Air China
DUBAI/SINGAPORE Qatar Airways has broadened its global reach by purchasing a 9.61 percent stake in Cathay Pacific , adding another strategic investor to the Hong Kong carrier's complicated share register at a time when it is looking to cut costs.