China Unicom Hong Kong Ltd (0762.HK)
18 May 2018
HONG KONG (Reuters Breakingviews) - China Tower could have communication issues with investors. The world’s biggest mobile-mast company has filed a prospectus for a Hong Kong float, which Reuters says could raise $10 billion. China’s big three telecoms operators are both key customers as well as shareholders. New backers will need to be convinced the trio won’t squeeze the company too hard as they try to keep their own costs down.
* China Tower operated 1.9 million sites as of end 2017 (Adds details from IPO prospectus, company background)
* MARCH NET ADDITION OF LOCAL ACCESS SUBSCRIBERS DOWN 0.308 MILLION
BRIEF-China Unicom (Hong Kong) Says Q1 Profit Attributable To Equity Shareholders Of Co RMB 3.01 Bln
* QTRLY PROFIT ATTRIBUTABLE TO EQUITY SHAREHOLDERS OF COMPANY AMOUNTED TO RMB 3,005 MILLION, UP SIGNIFICANTLY BY 248.7 PERCENT YEAR-ON-YEAR.
* CHINA UNICOM TEAMS WITH CISCO TO ENABLE CLOUD + NETWORK SYNERGY WITH SEGMENT ROUTING Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Semtech - Alibaba Cloud And Zhejiang Provincial Company Of China Unicom Jointly Deployed Pre Commercial Service For IOT
* ALIBABA CLOUD AND ZHEJIANG PROVINCIAL COMPANY OF CHINA UNICOM JOINTLY DEPLOYED PRE COMMERCIAL SERVICE FOR IOT BASED ON LORA TECHNOLOGY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reuters.Briefs@thomsonreuters.com)
* Shanghai unit targets 68.7 pct CAGR profit growth through 2020
* NOTES MEDIA STATING COMPOUND ANNUAL GROWTH RATE OF SERVICE REVENUE AND PROFIT BEFORE TAX FOR 4 YEARS TO 2020 ABOUT 6.5% AND 68.7%
HONG KONG Chinese telecom carrier China United Network Communications is targeting compounded annual profit growth of 68.7 percent through 2020, Chairman Wang Xiaochu said on Thursday.
HONG KONG, March 15 China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited said on Thursday its net profit for 2017 nearly tripled on cost savings. China's second-biggest telecoms carrier by subscriber numbers had flagged the jump in profit earlier this month.