Yakult Honsha Co Ltd (2267.T)
23 Mar 2018
* Shares rise (Adds share reaction, analyst comment, details)
PARIS, Feb 16 Food group Danone said on Friday it would focus on accelerating sales growth this year and deliver a further rise in profits, thanks to cost cuts and the benefits from its acquisition of U.S. organic food group WhiteWave.
* Says it bought back 4.9 million shares of its common stock, for 36 billion yen in total, through ToSTNeT-3, on Feb. 16
* Says it will repurchase 4.9 million shares of its common stock, at the price of 7,400 yen per share, through ToSTNeT-3, on Feb. 16
PARIS French foods group Danone is to sell a 1.5 billion euros ($1.9 billion) stake in Japanese company Yakult in its latest initiative to boost shareholder returns. | Video
* Danone to sell 14 percent Yakult stake, two-thirds of holding
* Says its top shareholder, France-based co DANONE, will cut voting power in the company to 7.7 percent(12.5 million shares) from 21.5 percent(35.2 million shares)
* Says it will repurchase up to 5 million shares, representing 3 percent of outstanding, for up to 36 billion yen in total, during the period from Feb. 16 to Feb. 28
PARIS, Feb 14 French food group Danone , which is facing investor pressure to boost returns, plans to sell a 14 percent stake in Japanese probiotics maker Yakult, both companies said on Wednesday.