China Molybdenum Co Ltd (3993.HK)
* Foreign investors raise concern about new mining law (Updates with comments from interview, Ivanhoe reaction)
CAPE TOWN, Feb 5 Democratic Republic of Congo's state mining company Gecamines said on Monday it wanted to renegotiate contracts with its international partners this year to give the state a bigger share of the revenues.
Big mining companies, restored to health following the 2015-16 price crash, are seeking to rationalise their portfolios and acquire assets in line with heightened focus on the best quality minerals and anticipated demand for battery materials.
* SAYS UNIT'S JOINT-STOCK FUND SIGNS AGREEMENT TO BUY LOUIS DREYFUS' METAL TRADING PLATFORM-RELATED BUSINESS LOUIS DREYFUS COMPANY METALS B.V. Source text in Chinese: http://bit.ly/2D73wk6 Further company coverage: (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom)
* Commodity trader Louis Dreyfus Company agrees to sell global metals business to NCCL Natural Resources Investment Fund
* Commodity trader Louis Dreyfus Company says agrees to sell global metals business to NCCL Natural Resources Investment Fund
GUANGZHOU, China, Nov 7 China is depending too much on the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) for cobalt, a crucial component in electric vehicle (EV) batteries, and should take steps to ensure security of supply, delegates said at an industry conference on Tuesday.
* Higher mining output will ease pressure on weak gov't finances Cbank warns slackening of austerity could re-fuel inflation Political instability also weighing on the economy (Adds bank's inflation and currency depreciation forecasts)
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 19 Congo's Gecamines will implement new controls to "hold its partners accountable" in copper and cobalt projects, the state miner said on Tuesday.