Eisai Co Ltd (4523.T)
(This version of the August 16th story corrects to change drug price in headline, first bullet, paragraphs 1 and 3 after company corrects it to $16,970 from $15,970)
CORRECTED-(OFFICIAL)-UPDATE 2-Japan's Eisai sets price tag of about $17,000 on liver cancer drug (Aug. 16)
* Wholesale price before discount is $16,970 for a 30-day supply
Aug 16 The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Thursday approved https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnDrugs/ApprovedDrugs/ucm617185.htm a therapy by Japan's Eisai Co Ltd for previously untreated patients with a common form of liver cancer.
CHICAGO, July 25 Biogen Inc and partner Eisai Co Ltd said patients with early-stage Alzheimer's disease treated with their experimental drug BAN2401 experienced 30 percent less cognitive decline than patients who got a placebo in a highly anticipated midstage trial.
Japanese drugmaker Eisai Co and Biogen Inc said that the final analysis of a mid-stage trial of their Alzheimer's drug showed positive results for patients who received the highest dose. | Video
* Says it forms business and capital alliance with Eisai Co Ltd
BRIEF-Anticancer Agent Lenvima Approved For Additional Indication Of Unresectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma In Japan
* ANTICANCER AGENT LENVIMA® (LENVATINIB MESYLATE) APPROVED FOR ADDITIONAL INDICATION OF UNRESECTABLE HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMA (HCC) IN JAPAN, FIRST APPROVAL WORLDWIDE FOR LENVIMA FOR HCC
(This March 8 story has been corrected to show in the 7th paragraph that Merck will pay, not receive, R&D reimbursement)
* Eisai's drug Lenvima already approved in dozens of countries
* EISAI CO., LTD. AND MERCK ENTER GLOBAL STRATEGIC ONCOLOGY COLLABORATION FOR LENVIMA® (LENVATINIB MESYLATE)