Mitsubishi Materials Corp (5711.T)
16 Mar 2018
* President Yoshinaga to be replaced, to become chairman (Updates with company announcement)
TOKYO Japanese trading house Mitsui & Co Ltd said on Friday it will reshuffle its copper assets in Chile, increasing its stake in the Collahuasi mine and selling a small stake in the Los Pelambres mine, boosting its overall copper volumes.
TOKYO, Dec 28 Mitsubishi Materials Corp said on Thursday that a push to expand market share had driven a subsidiary to fake product specification, one of several compliance scandals that have come to light this year in a blow to the reputation of Japan Inc.
* to hold news conference at 0330 GMT on product data falsification Further company coverage: (Reporting by Ritsuko Ando)
TOKYO A string of data-tampering scandals at Japanese manufacturers has not tarnished Japan's image, though it has been a powerful reminder to avoid sacrificing quality when under cost or delivery pressure, a senior economic official said on Wednesday.
TOKYO Kobe Steel Ltd, at the centre of a data-falsification scandal that has shaken Japan's manufacturing industry, admitted for the first time that executives were aware of the cheating, and reassigned three senior officials.
* Kobe says three senior executives knew about data tampering
TOKYO Japan's Subaru Corp, already smarting from a vehicle inspection scandal at home, said it was now investigating whether mileage readings may have also been falsified during final checks, driving its shares down as much as 8 percent. | Video
* Checking if mileage data falsified during final local checks
* No immediate safety concerns, utility tells regulator (Adds detail, response from Mitsubishi Materials)