Mitsubishi Materials Corp (5711.T)
TOKYO, Dec 28 Mitsubishi Materials Corp said on Thursday that a push to expand market share had driven a subsidiary to fake product specification, one of several compliance scandals that have come to light this year in a blow to the reputation of Japan Inc.
* to hold news conference at 0330 GMT on product data falsification Further company coverage: (Reporting by Ritsuko Ando)
TOKYO A string of data-tampering scandals at Japanese manufacturers has not tarnished Japan's image, though it has been a powerful reminder to avoid sacrificing quality when under cost or delivery pressure, a senior economic official said on Wednesday.
TOKYO Kobe Steel Ltd, at the centre of a data-falsification scandal that has shaken Japan's manufacturing industry, admitted for the first time that executives were aware of the cheating, and reassigned three senior officials.
* Kobe says three senior executives knew about data tampering
TOKYO Japan's Subaru Corp, already smarting from a vehicle inspection scandal at home, said it was now investigating whether mileage readings may have also been falsified during final checks, driving its shares down as much as 8 percent. | Video
* Checking if mileage data falsified during final local checks
* No immediate safety concerns, utility tells regulator (Adds detail, response from Mitsubishi Materials)
TOKYO Japan's Mitsubishi Materials Corp said it has found more cases of products shipped with possible falsified specifications as it investigates a widening data-fabrication scandal that has affected more than 300 of its customers.
* Impact of scandal to earnings unclear, company says (Adds details, quote)