Hitachi Ltd (6501.T)
22 Nov 2017
* Says top shareholder, Hitachi Ltd will decrease voting power in the co to 4.6 percent(2.4 million shares) from 14.8 percent(7.8 million shares)
The following factors could affect Italian markets on Thursday.
MILAN, Oct 18 Japan's Hitachi is happy with its stake of just above 50 percent in Italian rail signalling group Ansaldo STS and is not planning any bid to increase it, the head of the Hitachi Rail unit said.
* Nikkei gains for 10 days, winning streak at longest since 2015
* SoftBank-controlled Sprint and T-Mobile plan to merge - Reuters
TOKYO U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management Corp has raised its stake in Japan's Hitachi Kokusai Electric to 8.59 percent from 7.11 percent, a regulatory filing showed, one of several such hikes since it first disclosed a stake in the firm last month.
* KKR is proposing to buy Hitachi Kokusai from parent Hitachi
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
BANGKOK Japanese gas turbine producer Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems (MHPS) expects stronger demand in Southeast Asia for high efficiency coal and gas turbines due to low input prices for the fuels making such investment more attractive.
HONG KONG, Sept 11 U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management Corp said on Monday it has a stake of just over 5 percent in Hitachi Kokusai Electric, a chip making equipment and video solution business.