Shinsei Bank Ltd (8303.T)
19 Mar 2018
* CANADIAN SOLAR SECURES JPY16 BILLION CREDIT FACILITY FROM SHINSEI BANK
* Says it plans to buy back up to 10 million shares (representing 3.86 percent of outstanding) of its common stock for up to 10 billion yen, during the period from Feb. 1 to July 31
* SHINSEI BANK SAYS MAY RECEIVE NOTICE OF CORRECTION FROM TOKYO REGIONAL TAX BUREAU
* SHINSEI BANK TO STOP ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS IN APRIL FOR ITS LAKE-BRAND CARD LOANS - NIKKEI Source text: (s.nikkei.com/2BhKYwS) Further company coverage: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Says it forms business and capital alliance with Shinsei Bank, Limited
HONG KONG (Reuters Breakingviews) - Japan is finally warming up to buyouts. The world’s third-biggest economy should be a prime hunting ground for private equity: Japanese firms make great products and are often parochial, poorly run, and undervalued, offering lots of room for improvement. Yet the country has long frustrated foreign PE shops. This year offers proof things are improving.