Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (8316.T)
18 Jan 2018
DUBAI Saudi Aramco is working to secure billions of dollars in cheap loans from banks seeking to strengthen their ties with the oil giant before its stock listing, banking and export credit agency (ECA) sources said. | Video
TOKYO Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG) is keen to raise its stake to a majority in Indonesian lender BTPN if authorities permit, the Japanese bank's CEO said, as it aims to roll out full-scale banking operations in emerging Asia markets.
LONDON Goldman Sachs Group is among around five bidders for ScotiaMocatta, the metals trading arm of Canada's Bank of Nova Scotia , for which it is seeking up to $1 billion, sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
* Raysearch enters agreement with Sumitomo for boron neutron capture therapy Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Stockholm Newsroom)
* Gains from selling stock holdings rise over H1 (Recasts with quarterly figures, adds stock sale gains)
TOKYO, Nov 14 Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG) on Tuesday reported a 17 percent rise in net profit for the six months ended September, helped by gains from selling stock holdings.
* Says it and Sumitomo Corporation entered into a basic agreement concerning the reorganization of their joint leasing partnership
* Says Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "A+" -R&I
BRIEF-Resona Holdings says business integration between Minato Bank, Kansai Urban Banking and Kinki Osaka Bank
* Says the six companies, Resona Holdings Inc (Resona Holdings), Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG), Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC), Minato Bank Ltd(Minato), Kansai Urban Banking Corporation (Kansai Urban), and The Kinki Osaka Bank Ltd (Kinki Osaka) have respectively resolved to implement a business integration of the three banks, Minato, Kansai Urban and Kinki Osaka, and executed a business integration agreement
* Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group and Yahoo Japan are forming a joint venture - Nikkei