Japan Airlines Co Ltd (9201.T)
23 Mar 2018
* Q3 operating profit around 46.2 bln yen - Reuters calculation
TOKYO, Jan 31 Japan Airlines Co (JAL) posted a 5.8 percent rise in operating profit in the nine months to December, citing buoyant demand from inbound and outbound travellers.
* JAPAN AIRLINES LIKELY TO LOG 5% RISE IN OPERATING PROFIT TO AROUND 145 BILLION YEN ON SALES OF 1.04 TRILLION YEN, UP 6% IN APRIL-DECEMBER PERIOD - NIKKEI Source text : [http://s.nikkei.com/2DUJeyf] Further company coverage:
* Faces tough competition from domestic rival ANA (Adds comments from Ukei and analyst)
TOKYO, Jan 24 Japan Airlines Co (JAL) said on Wednesday that President Yoshiharu Ueki, who helped lead the company's recovery from bankruptcy, will be replaced by managing executive officer Yuji Akasaka in April.
Dec 5 Denver-based startup Boom Supersonic has won a $10 million investment from Japan Airlines Co Ltd in its push to build a supersonic passenger aircraft it claims will be faster, quieter and more affordable to fly than the Concorde.
Dec 5 Denver-based startup Boom Supersonic said on Tuesday Japan's No.2 carrier Japan Airlines Co Ltd has invested $10 million in the company, which is building a supersonic passenger aircraft it claims will be faster, quieter and more affordable to fly than Concorde.
Nov 24 Australia's competition watchdog said on Friday it would re-authorise coordination between the three Asian brands of Qantas Airways Ltd's budget arm Jetstar for another five years.
* Quarterly operating profit at 74.3 bln yen, above estimates (Adds comment)
* Boeing announces agreements with seven customers for analytics solutions